5 - 9 Years Old
Homeschooling Kids + Elementary
Homeschooling elementary aged kids in kindergarten through roughly 5th or 6th grade is fun! When kids are in these younger years, they are eager to learn, curious, ready to move and explore. All you have to do is encourage it and create the opportunities for new learning to scaffold in their hungry little brains!
The elementary years are ideal for forming the basic social groups for kids that will carry them through the tween and teen years, and in elementary years, parents are responsible for guiding and setting up social norms between families that will set them up for healthy relationships as teens and adults. Important social norms are ways to invite play, ways to set boundaries, conflict resolution when there is a ruptured relationship, constructive ways to express both positive and negative emotions.
AnySchoolers social pods cohorts of similar elementary aged children to connect and build friendships. Similarities that are the basis of a group can be anything from simple same age groups to similar interest groups - the iterations are infinite!
- Wed, Feb 01Lakeside Nature CenterFeb 01, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PMLakeside Nature Center, 4701 E Gregory Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64132, USA“Adventure Club is a bi-weekly invitation to explore the great outdoors while building community + engaging in experiential learning: hikes, nature centers, playgrounds, sprinkled with occasional field-trips and a pinch of volunteering. Everyone is welcome— come adventure with us!”
- Multiple DatesWed, Feb 01ZoomFeb 01, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PMZoomJust being together! Sit down with your lunch or right before an afternoon nap, and listen to a folk or fairy tale. Parents print a coloring page, and we color together while talking with a professional counselor about the socio-emotional lessons in the story, and show your beautiful work!
- Thu, Feb 02Kansas City
- Multiple DatesFri, Feb 03Loose Park
- Thu, Feb 09Legacy Park Community CenterFeb 09, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM CSTLegacy Park Community Center, 901 NE Bluestem Drive, Lee's Summit, MO 64086, USALet’s go swimming! This pool includes a 141' long figure-eight water slide. Spray features, large play area, and a zero-depth beach entrance, four 20-yard lap lanes, current channel and hot tub.
- Multiple DatesThu, Feb 09Parkville Nature Sanctuary
- Membership OfferTue, Feb 14Lakeside Nature Center Indoor Group RoomFeb 14, 10:15 AM – 12:00 PM CSTLakeside Nature Center Indoor Group Room, 4701 E Gregory Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64132, USAOpen to any homeschoolers and a great pod group activity for subscribers! Make and bring a Valentine's shoebox to receive your mail, and each participating child/teen should bring Valentines for 75 children. We will provide the crafts, friends, and music.
- Wed, Feb 22Mid-Continent Public Library: WoodneathFeb 22, 10:30 AM – 11:15 AMMid-Continent Public Library: Woodneath , 8900 NE Flintlock Rd, Kansas City, MO 64157, USAJoin storyteller Joyce Slater as she shares chicken stories for all ages. Hear tales about chickens of all sizes, shapes, and colors – from the little red hen to the chicken who crossed the road.
- Thu, Feb 23IBEX Rock Climbing Gym
- Multiple DatesThu, Feb 23Ernie Miller Nature Center
- Fri, Mar 17Location is TBD
- Mon, Mar 20Gladstone Fire Station #1
- Multiple Dates