5 - 9 Years Old
Homeschooling Kids + Elementary
Homeschooling elementary aged kids in kindergarten through roughly 5th or 6th grade is fun! When kids are in these younger years, they are eager to learn, curious, ready to move and explore. All you have to do is encourage it and create the opportunities for new learning to scaffold in their hungry little brains!
The elementary years are ideal for forming the basic social groups for kids that will carry them through the tween and teen years, and in elementary years, parents are responsible for guiding and setting up social norms between families that will set them up for healthy relationships as teens and adults. Important social norms are ways to invite play, ways to set boundaries, conflict resolution when there is a ruptured relationship, constructive ways to express both positive and negative emotions.
AnySchoolers social pods cohorts of similar elementary aged children to connect and build friendships. Similarities that are the basis of a group can be anything from simple same age groups to similar interest groups - the iterations are infinite!
- Wed, May 31William E. Macken Park - Shelter 2
- Thu, Jun 01Powell Gardens
- Multiple DatesThu, Jun 01Burr Oaks Nature Center
- Fri, Jun 02Mission Board Games
- Multiple DatesMon, Jun 05Lee McKeighan Park South Shelter
- Tue, Jun 06Kansas City Community GardensJun 06, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMKansas City Community Gardens, 6917 Kensington Ave, Kansas City, MO 64132, USAThe Beanstalk Children’s Garden is a unique urban learning environment where children are invited to see, smell, touch and taste growing plants. They’ll gasp in wonder as they learn where their food is grown, discover new favorite foods and leave inspired to make healthy choices.