Thu, Sep 28|
Coterie Theater Classrooms
Makers’ Mart with Art Garden KC: A Three-Part Learning Experience in Creative Entrepreneurship for the Whole Family
SIGN UP HERE! This is a three-part educational experience on September 28th, October 1, and October 22. The first date is required to participate in the second and third.
Time & Location
Sep 28, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Coterie Theater Classrooms, 2401 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
About The Event
- $25/participant for Entire 3-Part Live Experience (additional children $15)
- Part 1 content is required
- 30% Supporter Discount
- Scholarships available with this Form
This is an event for the whole family! Ever wondered how to turn your art, craft, and imagination into money? Learn from an artist/illustrator how to make a business out of something you love. Artist Jadyn Gilbert will teach us how to price, setup a booth, imagine your presentation, how to take money, and more. Jadyn says:
"My name is Jadyn Gilbert! I am from the Kansas City area, currently working part time on my art career. I love creating digital illustrations and turning them into prints, stickers, and other products that I sell at local art markets. Outside of my personal work I volunteer for Art Garden KC, working on their social media team and I currently have open commissions. You can find me: @jayk_illustration on Instagram, Tiktok, and Facebook. My portfolio and online store: jaykillustration.com."
The Executive Director of Art Garden KC, Beth says that Art Garden is a "well-organized hippie festival" where new and experienced artists sell their creative pieces to the public at Berkley Riverfront, Kansas City (1298 River Front Dr, Kansas City, MO 64120). On October 22nd, AnySchoolers will have a booth for homeschooling families to sell their wares! Children, teens and adults are all invited to sell handmade items to the public from .25 - $10000000! All crafts and art are welcome from popsicle sticks to sculpture. Parents must supervise. Families keep the profits from their own sales, and the class on September 28th will outline options for how to set up your "business" at Art Garden! AnySchoolers will also have information available to the public about homeschooling, our community, and what home education is all about - so we'll be representing the world of homeschooling to the public. Participating in this event opens the door to personal interaction with the staff of AGKC and will later open opportunities for AnySchoolers artist families for curated invitation-only events with AGKC as an organization.
We are also very excited to be partnering with The Coterie Theater, another local educational nonprofit. The Coterie is providing classroom venue for a significantly discounted rate to AnySchoolers as a sponsoring partner!
REQUIRED: PART 1: All About Selling Your Art Class, Thursday, September 28th, 3-5pm, with artist/illustrator Jadyn Gilbert, sponsored venue by The Coterie Theater
PART 2: Group Visit to Berkley Riverfront and Art Garden KC, Sunday, October 1st, 11:30-1:30 (food and ice cream trucks onsite)
DETAILS ABOUT PART 3:
AnySchoolers Makers' Mart @ Art Garden KC, Sunday, October 22nd, 9:30am-4:30pm (shift times available), afternoon musicians' open mic (1-4pm)
- October 22nd will be organized in shifts (you can select when you register for the event): 9/9:30am-1:00pm AND/OR 1:00pm-4:30pm
- Art Garden OPENS at 11am, so the morning shift includes setup and two hours of sales. Art Garden WINDS DOWN at 4:00pm, so the afternoon shift includes clean up. You can stay the whole time (9/9:30 - 4pm), or you can choose the first or second shift and trade a selling space with another family. These details will be decided as a group on September 28th when we meet to plan our AnySchoolers booth!
- Bring a table in any shape for a 6x3 foot area (circle, rectangle, card table, clothing rack, picnic blanket on the ground, anything!), table covering, lawn chairs, snacks/drinks (food trucks onsite) for the time your family will be there.
First Artist (Adult or Child)
The first participant in the family is $25.00, and additional artists are $15 (adults or children).
Additional Artist- Adult/Child