Weekend Family Campout @ The 99 (Cancelled due to thunderstorm forecast ⛈⚡️)
8700 Kansas Ave, Kansas City, KS 66111, USA
11/4/22, 7:00 PM
Thunderstorms and RAIN, oh my! That really puts a cold, wet blanket on a weekend of sleeping under the stars. Due to this weekend’s weather forecast, this event is postponed to the early spring when temps are above 50 degrees, and we will be seeing spring. Check out our upcoming holiday events!
All attendees must have a AnySchoolers Waiver of Liability Agreement on file with AnySchoolers.
All ages welcome!
This event is for the AnySchoolers Values that include:
- encouraging connection to the physical world/environment,
- fostering critical thinking
- pure hilarious, raucous, uninhibited play,
- promoting adult collaboration, collegiality, comradry
- sensory experiences that meet physiological/neurological needs for AnySchoolers kids/teens
- a class space for socialization and developing lifelong friendships
Kids can do hours and hours of science, social studies, and friendship time at this weekend campout at The 99 in Kansas City, KS. In addition to hours of free play and exploration, families will celebrate Fall with crafts and games. Our host and owner of The 99 will teach about horses and agriculture. This will be an outdoor, unmasked event.
Camping: $46.13/tent, covers two nights of primitive camping. There is a building with a restroom on the property available.
Families are responsible for their own food, gear, drinks, and provisions. Please bring:
- Firewood for a small fire if you plan to have one. Our host would prefer to keep fires to a minimum and will provide firewood for one central firepit for the entire group.
- A camp stove for your family if you plan to prepare hot food.
- Gear (tent, sleeping bags/items, lanterns, towels, flashlights, lighter, headlamp, batteries, coolers, ground cover/tarp, mallet, blankets, backpack, lawn chairs)
- Food for 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners, snacks, drinks (including drinking water)
- Water bottles, tongs, frying pan, plates, cups, utensils, knife, cutting board, spatula, spoon, paper towels, trash bags, tub/bin for washing your dishes, foil, sponge, dishsoap and dish towel
- Medications, toiletries, first aid kit, sunscreen, insect repellent, clothing, jackets/hoodies, (and diapers!)
- Camp toilet and toilet paper
- Camping-friendly costume if your child desires to wear their Halloween costume again!
- Bubbles, glow sticks, favorite games, coloring books and such, field journal and drawing implements, deck of cards, camera, binoculars, and anything else you think would be fun!